On casual or short-term contract academic staff, see the Women’s Classical Caucus’ Statement on the Use of Contingent Labor.
Women in Astronomy have produced a helpful resource on identifying, addressing and overcoming sexual harrassment.
National and international media have publicised the challenges faced by many of those working to reduce sexual harrassment and sexual assault at Australian Universities:
Please also review the Gender Equality Story prepared by Open Colleges, Australia.
Other sites of interest include:
- Australian Human Rights Commission
- New Zealand Human Rights Commission
- Australian Government Workplace Gender Equality Agency
- National Press Club address by Libby Lyons, director of the Workplace Gender Equality Agency, on the topic of Australia’s gender equality scorecard (16 Nov 2016)
The Women’s Classical Committee has an excellent page providing links to blogs and sites written by women scholars.
- Australasian Society for Classical Studies
- Women’s Classical Caucus (USA)
- Lambda Classical Caucus (USA)
- Women’s Classical Committee (UK)
- Women’s Network of the Classical Association of Canada
- Australian Federation of Graduate Women
- New Zealand Federation of Graduate Women
- Australian Archaeological Association
- Australian Archaeological Institute at Athens
- Australasian Society for Historical Archaeology
- Classical Association of Christchurch
- Classical Association of New South Wales
- Classical Association of Victoria
- Macquarie Ancient History Association